I know most of you know, but those of you who don't...my Mama & bestest friend in the entire World had a tumor removed on August 22nd and it turned out that it was in fact a cancerous tumor. Tthe type of Cancer that she has is called Synovial Sarcoma which is a really rare one, but one that can be cured with treatment. Leave it to my Mama to have something rare :)
Monday she will start Radiation 5 days a week for seven weeks. This is something that is a treatment that doesnt cause many side effects, but does cause fatigue.
Next they want her to go to The Seattle Cancer Institute , this place has a team of Doc's that specialize with Synovial Sarcoma so the Dr thought it would be good for her to at least go and meet with them...that appt is Sept 17th, not sure the time yet.
Next is October 8th she will go in to start the plan of Chemo . ....That treatment will be 3 days in a row with the next 2 days off to recupe, they said it will make you kinda sick...so 1 time a month she will be off a week, this treatment will go for 4 months. soooooooooooo this is the plan so far. I will fill you in as she gets along. It has been one of the hardest things for me to accept and go through. I guess you never think that it will one day be you having one of your parents go through something so terrible. It definatly makes you realize how precious life is & to not take life for granted. Thank you all for your love & support that you all have shown to me and my Family...it means more than you will ever know! Some GREAT NEWS...MY MAMA & GREG ARE ENGAGED!!! Yayyyy!! For those of you who know my Mom and have been around, you know how WONDERFUL this is! She has finally met her Soul Mate and couldn't be happier..we are so blessed to have him in our lives and can't wiat for the day my Mama becomes a "Bamer" CONGRATS Mama & Greg ;-)
I am now on my SIXTH WEEK of school! Can you even beilieve it? I sure can't! It is going by a lot faster than I ever imagined...it has been so much fun & my passion for it is getting stronger and stronger as my knowledge in this field grows. I am teaming up with a good friend of mine & did my first wedding last weekend! It went AWESOME..made about $30 an hour and the turnout was great! It's going to be so nice to make some extra $$$ and get lots of experience before I am even out of school!
Other than school, work & Family...life is very interesting. David and I are doing great and I am so blessed to have such an AMAZING Man to call my own...he is my rock! My brother, Brooke & #1 Uncle Brad are all coming to San Diego in a couple of weeks to visit and we are so excited to have them here with us...it's hard being so far away from Family, but a blast when we get to have them visit us! Well, I will wrap it up and post some pictures now! I will do my best to keep this thing updated on a regular basis! Miss and Love you guys! xoxox



















3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the cancer but am confident your mom will have a full, healthy recovery! XOXO from UT.
Krista Lee you are an amazing person and keep your head up through these tough times! Your mom has an awesome man to take care of her now!We love you Karen and will pray for your full recovery! In the pictures David looks thinner or something. He needs to stop hittin the gym so much! We miss you and promise we will come out soon!
KRITA LEE YOU ARE MY BFF , AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR YOUR MAMA :) YOU AND NICHOLAS HAVE MADE ME SO HAPPY IN ALL YOU HAVE DONE, AND HAVE MADE ME SO PROUD TO HAVE SUCH WONDERFUL KID'S WITH SUCH BIG HEARTS!!!! YOU HAVE SOME GREAT FRIENDS, AND I APPRECIATE THE CARDS THEY HAVE SENT :) HELLO TO EVERYONE!!!! KAREN/MAMA
Post a Comment