Tuesday, November 18, 2008

*Kurls for Karen*


“Kurls for Karen”



Dear Family & Friends,


Hello and how are you all doing? I hope you are all doing well and ready for the upcoming Holidays! Can you even believe they are already here?

This year has come and gone so fast with many challenges, burdens and hills that my Family and I have had to climb. In the end, we know that this will make us all stronger, wiser & more appreciative for this precious life that we live!

With my Mom going through her Radiation treatments (ONLY 5 more!!!), then beginning her Chemotherapy the first of December, it has really taken a lot of energy out of her. I cannot wait until the final day of her treatments and she has battled this evil disease known as Cancer. She is the most loving, giving, caring, understanding, STRONG Woman that I have ever met in my life! Her biggest scare during this trial is going to losing her hair. Anyone who has ever gotten to know my Mom knows how FUNNY she is about that beautiful, red, curly hair of hers! =) She absolutely HATES the wind, but will put a Harley bandana on in a heartbeat for that Summer Ride! What I am trying to say is that even though she has always hated her hair, it is going to be tragic for her to lose it. We have done endless research on wigs, do-rags, bandana’s, etc. and have found her perfect wig! However, because our health system is so screwed up, they will not cover ANY amount for it is considered “Cosmetics”…PuuLEASE!
So, to make a long story short, I am putting together a Fundraiser (SHHHH…she has no idea about this!!) called “Kurls for Karen”.
I would like to come up with as much as I can for her and be able to hand this over to her on Christmas Day when we arrive.

I know how hard times are right now and believe me…we are ALL going through it some way or another! My Family and I would APPRECIATE anything you are able to donate to this, if nothing at all…your thoughts and prayers are appreciated more than you know!

We couldn’t have done it without each of your love & support through these hard times, so I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart! It means more to us than you will ever know!

I have set up an account @ WaMu under Krista Provstgaard, account #3084125050. If you donate to this account, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me as soon as this has been done so that I can keep account of your donation.

THANK YOU ALL again for taking the time & showing your love and support for my mama & BEST FRIEND…it means the World to me (and her!).

Much Appreciation & Love,



Krista Provstgaard
(619) 905-2242
4526 Illinois St #12C
San Diego, CA 92116

2 comments:

Sara and Nick said...

OMG! I would love to donate! Can you send this to me in email format so I can forward it on to others?

Boyer family said...

I didn't even know about this, my heart dropped when I was reading this, I can't express how much love I had for your mom and feel bad that we ever grew apart, please tell her I love her and will never forget her... Thanks, and I'll for sure love to donate, how much more are you needing?